Laois County Council Arts & Libraries are planning a diverse range of programming during the coming year.
They wish to invite submissions from arts and cultural facilitators and producers seeking to join a panel for programming during 2023/24.
Programming could take place during Bealtaine, Cruinniú na nÓg, Culture Night, Leaves Festival of Writing & Music or as part of other programming.
Facilitators for the panel may be chosen to deliver workshops, specialist talks, storytelling, and other tailored events to children, adults, and specialist groups. We welcome events held through Irish, English and other languages.
They are seeking facilitators in the following areas:
- STEAM activities such as Coding, Robotics, Fun Science, Virtual Reality, Electronics, and Creative Technologies.
- Literacy-focused activities including storytelling, poetry readings, drama, author talks, and creative writing. Activities aimed at specialist groups, e.g. dyslexia friendly, sensory stories etc
- Activities can also focus on Technology, development of skills in use of new technologies including: 3D Design, Audio Recording & Editing, Image Editing, Video Recording & Editing, Virtual Reality and Smartphone photography.
- Film / Visual Art / Music – performances and workshops
- Climate Change: Events raising awareness of climate change, as well as talks and workshops with an emphasis on the practical side, such as gardening and up-cycling workshops.
- Creativity: Wide range of activities that encourages and develops creativity in all ages.
- Age Friendly: Activities and events that ensure the voices of older people are represented and promote the wellbeing and quality of life of all citizens and communities.
- Youth Theatre: facilitators interested in delivering weekly workshops
- Wellbeing: Workshops and events with a focus on health and wellbeing, including but not limited to mindfulness, yoga, and play therapy.
- Live performance: music, drama, puppetry and spectacle shows for children young people and adults.
Specify which languages you can present your programme eg English, Irish, Ukrainian etc.
Where working with children, compliance is essential with appropriate legislation with regards to Health and Safety and Children First.
To be considered for the panel, please fill out the application form below and email the completed application form to email@example.com
Call out for Facilitators 2023 Application Form
Deadline for expressions of interest:
Friday 21st April 2023